Prot. Number : 31
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INVITATION
for one (1) position of Fundraising & Communications Officer to join the Communications Department based in Athens
The non-profit association Médecins du Monde – Greek Delegation, in the context of implementing health and social protection programs for vulnerable populations
One (1) full-time Fundraising & Communications Officer
1. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANISATION
Médecins du Monde – Greece (MdM – Greece), founded in 1990, is a medical, humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization and is a member of the International Network of Médecins du Monde which consists of 17 delegations (Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, France, Germany, Greece, Spain, Japan, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America and United States of America). The driving principle of the organization is that every human being has the right to humanitarian assistance, regardless of gender, religion, ideology or political belief. The primary objective is to improve access to health care for socially vulnerable population groups. However, the organisation’s activities extend beyond the health sector. Always relying on their medical expertise and complete independence, they speak openly against the obstruction of access to health care, against the violation of human rights and dignity.
2. DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST APPLIED FOR
The call is for one (1) Fundraising & Communications Officer, for a full-time, five-day position.
The key responsibilities for the Fundraising & Communications Officer role include:
- The management of the Organisation’s Social media presence and its programs
- The online advertising of the Organisation’s activities
- The creation of communication materials for the purposes of the Organisation
- Managing the Organisation’s external partners
- Participation in the planning of events for the purposes of the Organisation
- Designing the organisation’s communication strategy and communication materials in cooperation with the rest of the team
- Identifying opportunities for public intervention by the organisation to increase its impact
- Participating in campaigns, networks and initiatives with other organisations to promote the organisation and increase its visibility
- identifying funding needs for the programs concerned
- Developing a fundraising plan to achieve the organisation’s financial objectives
- Identifying potential donors, presenting the organisation, developing relationships and securing sponsorships and partnerships
- Organising events to raise public awareness and increase the organisation’s income
- Working with the organisation’s accounting department to provide a financial account of all activities
The necessary requirements include:
- Studies in media, marketing and communication or related subjects
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Greek and English and the ability to write and translate articles and communications from Greek to English and vice versa
- Very good knowledge of social media, especially Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Desirable professional experience in a similar position
- Experience in planning and implementing communication campaigns
- Experience in organising events, workshops etc.
- Knowledge of the business sector, institutions and NGOs
- Ability to assess current issues related to the organisation
- Ability to network with journalists and the media
- Good planning and organisation, management skills
- Team spirit and ability to work together and build excellent partnerships
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to take initiatives and adapt in order to effectively achieve the objectives set
- Genuine interest in community involvement
- Ability to travel within and outside Greece
- Ability to start working together immediately
- Ability to meet deadlines
3. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applicants are invited to send a full CV in English and Greek, accompanied by a photograph, together with a cover letter demonstrating interest in the position and the signed “Privacy Statement” attached, to the following email address: email@example.com with the reference “Fundraising & Communications Officer” by Friday 23 February 2024.
In the final stage of the evaluation, candidates will be asked to provide copies of their qualifications and experience.
Late or incomplete applications will not be examined.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Our values and our commitment to protection policies
Médecins du Monde Greece is committed to preventing all forms of unwanted conduct at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the well-being of children, youth, adults and beneficiaries with whom Médecins du Monde Greece is involved. The organisation expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through its code of conduct and ethics. It is a primary objective for us to ensure that only those who share and support our values are entrusted to work for us.
The post holder will receive appropriate training and must ensure that they understand and work within the organisation’s safeguarding policies.
All job openings will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate checks, which may include criminal records. Médecins du Monde Greece also participates in the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme network of organisations. Under this Scheme, we will seek information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms that he/she understands the recruitment procedures.
The MdM Organisation examines each application on the basis of the defined qualifications required for each job and always regardless of gender, nationality, religious or political beliefs and on the basis of the principle of equal opportunities.