To strengthen the capacities and sustainability of civil society
Médecins du Monde Greece announces the launch of the project “Theo.Ro / Thinking Ahead: Organizational & Strategic Roadmap 2023-2026” which is being implemented under the Active citizens fund program which is part of the European Economic Area (EEA) funding mechanism for the period 2014 – 2021, known as EEA Grants, in the framework of the 7th Open Call for “Organizational Grants to support the strategic development of Civil Society Organizations”. It is worth noting that the grant, for a total amount of € 150.000,00, concerns the implementation of actions based on the strategic planning of MdM and not in particular actions in the framework of projects with a specific thematic focus.
The implementation of the Theo.Ro project enables Médecins du Monde Greece to further develop, through the improvement and upgrading of governance tools and response to growing needs, shielding high quality interventions at the community level, innovation and investment in people. The General Director of MdM-Greece, Ms. Eugenia Thanou said “We welcome this new partnership that enables us to envision and evolve. After all, Médecins du Monde works not only to provide the necessary services, but to cause an immediate and real change.”
GOALS OF THE PROJECT
Médecins du Monde Greece, through the actions of the Theo.Ro project, aims to achieve the following results:
- Strengthening civic participation by helping citizens and organisations to become active in the city, at work and elsewhere.
- Strengthening the advocacy and supervisory role of civil society by actively claiming and protecting fundamental rights through networking, targeted actions and partnerships.
- Defending human rights, promoting gender equality and combating gender-based violence, with an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health as a human right.
- Empowering vulnerable groups by designing and implementing new programmes to improve their daily lives.
- Strengthening the capacities and sustainability of civil society by developing new partnerships in the ever-changing ecosystem where resources are shrinking.
The name of the project THEO.RO. (Thinking Ahead: Organizational & Strategic Roadmap 2023-2026) derives from the initials of Theophilos Rosenberg’s name, paying tribute to the founder of Médecins du Monde Greece, who passed away on February 19, 2021.