Emotional Intelligence of Children & Adolescents
Skills development sessions for vulnerable children and adolescents from 7 – 17 years old
The EQ4YOU project focuses on the development of personality, the improvement of skills and the ability to manage trauma of children and adolescents belonging to vulnerable social groups, facing an increased risk of marginalization and social exclusion, and living within the geographical and administrative boundaries of the municipality of Athens.
Through the individual activities of the EQ4You project, children and adolescents will be invited to discover new, modern paths towards new technologies and their personal development, to combat marginalisation and to strengthen social and personal skills, which can be valuable in terms of interpersonal relationships, the management of traumatic and stressful situations, social integration, and even the subsequent search for work, during adulthood. The project is facilitated by professionals who come from within the community and have experience in trauma management, personality development and emotional empowerment. Group meetings with professionals are held in a specially designed space by Médecins du Monde-Greece.
The EQ4You project is aimed at three age groups of teenagers, holding weekly skill development and soft skills sessions.
The educational groups that will be created aim to help children and teenagers explore modern approaches to new technologies and the development of their emotional intelligence.
- Creativity and self-expression
- Concentration of attention
- Teamwork and development of team spirit
- Communication and speech production
- Ability to reason and draw conclusions
- Critical thinking
- Responsibility and achievement of results
- Time management
- Basic management and leadership skills
- Creating a unique idea
- Empowering the Ukrainian refugee community
- Facilitate the social integration of vulnerable Ukrainian adolescents and other refugees and migrants into the local community
- Improving access to services, rights and goods
- Reducing the risk of social exclusion and marginalisation of children and adolescents
- Raising awareness and mobilising the local community in the Municipality of Athens
The meetings take place once a week at the headquarters of MdM-Greece, 12 Sapfous Street, Athens.
Contact phone: 184.108.40.206
Duration of meetings:
- 7-10 years old: 45 minutes
- 11-13 years old: 60 minutes
- 14-17 years old: 120 minutes
Possibility of Online Participation
The EQ4You project is implemented with the support of the Municipality of Athens through the ” synAthena” program.